9.08.2008

Ouch!

I'm getting more sore by the minute..... It's never fun doing something you haven't in a really long time. All those muscles you've neglected come roaring back at you..... I find it a bit discouraging. So we did ride our bikes to the school yesterday - it took us 30 minutes to get there. Not bad. We then rode around downtown because it was "Taste of Chico" - we had a little lunch and then headed over to Bidwell Park for the kids to take a dip at one mile. We got home a little before 3:00 and headed straight for our own pool. It felt pretty good. That was until this morning when the kids jumped out of bed at 6:00 AM - because they wanted to ride their bikes to school this morning. So I of course did not discourage their excitement. That's when I started feeling the pain of the day before - now I've done a little whining lately about the bike situation. I clearly stated I wanted a new bike seat at the least. Oh my goodness. Yikes! Hoping up on that seat was painful..... Sure I'd like a new bike that I don't have to bend over the handlebars to ride. I'm pretty sure from the pain in my neck and back that that is almost a necessity at this point. Now this morning we took about 27 minutes to get there. Again that was all well and good. Now the ride home after dropping off the kids - not so much. Because I of course had no slow poke that I needed to wait for - I peddled the whole entire way - with the exception of a few lights. Oh and the guy who almost took me out at the intersection of Palmetto and Neal Dow! I had a few choice words for him - him covering his eyes when he realized he was about to hit me did nothing for my disposition. So I made it home and now time is flying by and I'm going to have to get back on that @#$% bike and ride back to school so I can turn around and ride home...... And it's gonna be hot. And I'm gonna be more sore. And. And. I think I might cry. Maybe I should take the car and put the bikes on the rack!.... Yeah! That's the ticket! But my kids would probably be disappointed.... So I'll be riding that bike back down there.........sigh......

4 comments:

Steven said...

Poor baby! I know the feeling...

And you did have your helmet on, right?

dad

Sheesha said...

Yeah.....My Plant Barn Hat?.... I'll be doing the helmet this afternoon after my intersection scare.....It's just such a hair wrecker.... But I love my brain more!

Steven said...

Plant Barn Hat? C'mon! You're the leader... an inspirational mom. Maybe you can get Denise to sponsor a Plant Barn bike helmet. And we could all wear them!

dad

Sheesha said...

Or at least some Plant Barn stickers..... I did wear my helmet all day yesterday - well maybe not all day, but the whole time I was on my bike!