12.03.2007

Table Talk

We were listening to Christmas music while eating dinner tonight and the song Merry Christmas from the Family by the Dixie Chicks came on and this discussion ensued.

Me: I just love this song, I think it's funny

Karlee and Kyle: Me too!

Kevin: I'm not a big Dixie Chick fan

Karlee: Why daddy?

Kevin: Well I think they sing fine, I just don't like there political view point

Kyle: Do they sing about that daddy?

Kevin: Well.....

Karlee: Do they say cuss words daddy?

Kyle: Like P!nk? She says a** (he didn't say it - he spelled it)

Karlee: Yeah Daddy P!nk says lots of French words - she uses all the French words in her songs

Kevin: French words?

Karlee: You know daddy, like when you say "Excuse my French" after you say a cuss word.

Lovely!......Proud moment! I guess my kids have figured out why I turn the volume down and then back up on certain songs.....

3 comments:

Tricia said...

We call them "grown up words" in our house... and keep our fingers crossed the little ones don't repeat them.

Monofoil said...

I just don't understand how parents can expect their kids *not* to say bad words when they are preaching with the example - saying bad words themselves. Such hypocrisy.

Athletic Towels said...

Could not agree more with regards to the use of foul words. We too call them grown up words, and let the kids know not to use them.