12.10.2007

More From the Magic Kingdom






So we finished off our first day (and I'm only highlighting the big ones) with the Tower of Terror and the Grizzly River Run. For me the best thing of the whole trip was the Tower of Terror. I hope to never forget the experience. The unexpected thrill of the ride was amazing. I think I was so scared that it gave me the giggles. I could not stop laughing. Kyle was sitting next to my dad and the poor kid was just terrified. I had my purse with me and had stuck my leg through the strap and it was a darn good thing I did because first thing it went flying up and got caught on my knee. My mom said my hair was standing straight up. When I think about it even now two months later - I get the biggest smile on my face and have to hold the giggles in. My kids even forgave me by the next day and wanted to go back for more! If you haven't been on that ride - you have just got to go! I think for me the greatest thing I got from the trip would be the 1st time experiences my kids had - to see the expressions on there faces was priceless.....And lets not forget the Grizzly River Run - our last ride of the day. And don't think we didn't plan it that way - we were soaked!


And then it was Wednesday and we were off to Disneyland! And our first stop was Goofy's Kitchen to see if we could get a table and how long we'd have to wait for it. I had called the night before to make reservations and the guy kinda laughed at me....But we did great - only about 40 minutes, if that. It was very fun - I'm glad I didn't let the guy on the phone discourage me. We took advantage of all the photo ops too!


As we entered Disneyland I had that overwhelming urge to recognize something - but it wasn't until we got to Frontier Land that I was finally able to say "Okay, I remember this". Not sure if it's changed that much - I just wasn't able to recall it from my memory. Surprise, Surprise! We did all of the big attractions - although we never made it back to the Finding Nemo ride - that was the only ride that had a tremendous line. I did force my family to take the Jungle Cruise - they really didn't think it would be fun. But of course, after we exited they agreed with me - it's hilarious! I think I liked Splash Mountain and the Matterhorn the best. No wait I liked Space Mountain too! That was great. Karlee and mom skipped that one. For some reason Karlee got it into her head that she didn't want to go on it. I think she would have really liked it - but she and mom had fun wandering the nearby stores while waiting for us to exit.
We again ended our day with the Grizzly River Run which had no line and we went on it 4 times in a row and just drenched ourselves! Karlee and I had started on the ride first while Kyle and Kevin went to Soarin' Over California again. Karlee and I happened to see Kyle and Kevin take off as we exited, so we ran up to the viewing point and watched them get absolutely soaked by the big geyser! Then we talked them into going again with us - Kevin was pretty sceptical at first - but then figured he was already soaked to the bone what difference did it make.....


That evening we ended the night with the downtown Disney Parade. What a treat. We had trouble finding a place to eat and were worried that we'd miss it or be so far back as to not be able to see anything - but it all worked out in the end! Definitely worth it! Hindsight I think I'd try harder to get there earlier for curbside seating.....

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I want to go back!!!!

totally stole that personal dna thing- kinda fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! What fun that was...And California Screamin! Of course I could go on and on. But I won't. We have great memories of that trip.

I remember the first view of the Tower of Terror (HHTT) awesome! And we could hear the screams of the riders. What was going on in there?

And afterwards; had to be the fact that we had survived that made us all laugh so much.

hrtyty said...

TOD'S success stories like the movie plot, Tiger Shoes a young man has inherited the family business, and the introduction of a new generation of the business of the road, leading business breakthrough formerly, Hogan Scarpe towards international. Diego Della Valle is the fashion film actor. Italy businessman Diego at seventy time inherited his grandfather Filippo Della Vella at the beginning of one nine Zero Zero opened a small factory, Cole Haan Shoes and the factory by the family operation transformation into a small industrial. Bright-coloured color, perfect leather cutting technology, let a person fondle admiringly first sight of the kind of feeling.