6.30.2007

Toothless Grin

2 hours, 59 minutes later......
Kyle had to have 4 teeth pulled last Thursday. My kids have both missed a step when it comes to teeth - they get new teeth before the old ones come out.... So we took Kyle in for his teeth to be pulled and I had know idea what to expect. We had a follow-up visit to the orthodontist on Monday and they sent us back to the dentist. Since they are both in the same complex we just went straight over to make the appt. When I asked Kyle if he wanted to do it on that Thursday he flew under the coffee table in the waiting area and said "I'm not getting my teeth pulled". Of course I was mortified and thought great....... So anyway it all worked out we made the appt. and on Thursday morning Kyle woke up early, got dressed and came into my room and said "Mom is today the day?" I'm thinking how do I answer that one - So in my big girl grown up voice I tell him - you bet it is....!?! So we go through the process and Kyle was great - no tears, no screaming, no kicking - and thankfully no shoe print on his forehead! You know from my foot on there holding him down!.....
So on our way out the door Dr. Lange tells me to keep him out of the pool until at least 3 pm - of course this is when I go into panic mode. He also says have him rest for a couple of hours, you know take it easy. Yeah right! My kids practically live in the pool these days and half the pool water ends up on the outside from all the jumping. Had I been smart I'd have fed the kids before the 12 noon appt., but remember I just said I wasn't smart. So I took them to Blockbuster to get a video and then next door to get a milkshake at Baskin Robbins and we were still in the pool by 2:59. Whew!

No comments: