6.30.2007

And We're Off!

And this is where you'll find us.....



So the bags are getting packed and the last bit of shopping will be done in the morning. And then it's "See Ya!" We're getting out of the heat - I hear it's coming. We leave in the morning and aren't coming back until the 15th. We are going to the lake for our annual 4th of July trip - later than usually - but I'm going to let that one go...... I'm looking forward to spending time on the boat, going for walks, hanging out in the sun and playing with my kids on the lawn. We found our Bocce ball set last weekend and plan to have a game or two! We have our bikes up there too.


And there are just a few things left to do from the remodel - hang up a tool holder and finish the electrical in the lean-to. And then it's done! I guess I still have to pick out window coverings for our bedroom - the windows are so beautiful now I hate to cover them up. Kevin did such a great job on all of the wood work. I love how he kept as much of the old knotty pine wood as he could. It's been a long haul, but so worth it. Last year at this time we spent our nights on the floor in the living room. We'd roll up the sleeping bags in the morning and lean an old mattress against the wall til night fall. We basically camped inside the cabin last summer. We didn't have running water until mid June and no shower until the 3rd of July. Having Kevin's Aunt & Uncle nearby saved us from stinking up the neighborhood. Prior to that we stayed in a trailer. We love being there that it didn't deter us. It was funny to us that know one else wanted to come and stay unless they had a bed to sleep in......Oh Well!
So be sure and visit me again after the 15th - I'm sure I'll have some new photos to share and I'll give you the update! Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was patiently waiting for a new post...and then you do and you quickly leave! Now I have to wait another two weeks...bummer!

What's missing from the new and ideal cabin? No internet connection.

Sheesha said...

I actually find that to be a blessing....