6.09.2007

Hit Me Baby One More Time

From my "Omega Nu Sisters".....

And from my husband.....
It's a little strange to have two new pieces on my mantel. I was first shocked at my last Omega Nu event when I was presented with the beautiful green vase as a thank you to my past year as president. It was so thoughtful, I was just delighted and shocked. It was certainly unexpected. I just love Orient & Flume and am very intrigued by the work the artists do. You can see a little of that here. We'll have to make it to Orient & Flume this summer and sit outside the windows and watch them work. I once saw a documentary on the discovery channel of glass blowers and it was amazing to watch. I remember going to some sort of flea market, carnival?....when I was younger and seeing an artist blow glass. Seems like we then poured different colored sand into the bottles and kept them. And maybe they were old soda bottles....My memory is cloudy, could be I'm thinking of two separate things here. Anyway very cool! And to think I've lived here all these years and never gone and watched the glass blowers - I need to get out more!
So imagine my surprise when my husband came into the house carry the distinct bag from Orient & Flume on our anniversary. We'd had a fabulous lunch together earlier in the day and both said - "cards only right". We've never really been big gift buyers for each other to mark the day. Usually just dinner or lunch and cards. Maybe over the last 14 years a gift or two - maybe something for the family. So to say the least I was blown away. And the vase couldn't be more me....I just love it! Of course what he said to me made me cry, and I'm keeping that to myself. But I can't wait for the next 14 years! And the next, and the next......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm? I seem to remember the bottles with sand, but I think we bought them already twisted into an odd shape and then added the sand. But...my memory is selective and erratic these days.

Love the vases though!(And the links)