6.13.2007

Fresh Pik'd

These will be crisp by sunset.....
And these will be mine very soon......





I love this season. Though it's far too short. And if your not diligent you'll miss it all. You have to go out really early or it's far to hot to enjoy picking them. I love to go out first thing in the morning when the sprinkler dew is still around. You have to have a lot of patience picking. If you grab to fast you'll stick yourself or drop the fruit. This morning I had the cats with me - a new experience. They just get right in there - which I figured was good for me, keeping any critters at bay! Once when my sister was picking she came across a snake - yuk! So I'm always a little apprehensive. But my bowl was full quickly this morning and I didn't have to work so hard at it. We missed the vital weed picking and now if you pull them the fruit will drop so it's somewhat challenging - but worth it. So please come pick!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful berries! Wish I could come pick some.....

Anonymous said...

Photos! Great shots...

Now, why are my berries all gone and your's are just ripening?

Sheesha said...

I don't know dad....Ours get morning sun? It's hotter in Orland? We ignore ours until it's time to pick the berries? Take your pick.....

Tricia said...

Some of my favorite memories picking berries in Sonoma County...Mmmmm!

Anonymous said...

different varieties...duh...