2.20.2007

Clean your Room

I was lurking on one of my favorite blogs and came across this news tidbit. This is seriously not funny - just so there is no misunderstanding. It just made me think about my efforts this weekend to get my daughter to clean her room. This girl can come up with an excuse faster than you can sneeze. She asks to take a break about every 5 minutes. It got to the point were I was actually offering her $20.00 to clean her room - to which she said "I'll pay you $10.00 to clean if for me"..... Her dad and grandfather were not helping my situation - of course egging her on. I'd like to think she didn't really have any idea what she was saying to me..... We talked last night before she went to bed about the fact that she basically spent a good portion of the weekend (a 4 day weekend at that) in her room "cleaning" it - or in my opinion "not" cleaning it. I couldn't help but laugh when she smiled up at me and said "But mom, aren't you glad you can at least see the floor now?". A true Pollyanna moment..... In this same conversation she reminded me that I have piles on my floor too! Gotta love it.

Nothing like being slapped in the face with reality. In my bedroom it's probably a stack of books, no stacks in the living room, bathrooms, dining room - and then there is the family room. In here is a whole lot of filing..... I'm in the process of cleaning out the drawers. And I'm also working on our taxes, reimbursed medical expenses and then the school work I just can't seem to part with. I have big Rubbermaid tubs in the basement that I put the kids school work into but always seem to have a basket full that needs to go down there. And on top of that I have an extra filing cabinet and big plastic container that has Omega Nu stuff in it. Neither which go with my decor. I'm not counting the days when my presidency is over - I'm counting the days until the filing cabinet goes! And let's not even discuss the desk.....Someone once told me that a clean desk is the sign of a blank mind - apparently I took that to heart! But I do know where everything is on it. Ask me for anything and I will find it for you! Maybe I'm waiting for someone to offer me $20.00 to clean it.....

2 comments:

TruLove said...

Wow, it sounds like you hear the same things I do...except my kids never offer to pay me to clean their rooms...that just might work...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I was totally there this morning before school. The beasty boys (jack and abe) are so lucky I don't own a gun! I wonder if that woman feels like the $2500 bail is worth it? What I really wonder is... did they clean their rooms? Okay, I know it's not funny, but... it kind of is. :)