2.08.2007

Bidwell Mansion

Today I went on a Field Trip with my daughter to the Bidwell Mansion. I have to say it's my favorite so far this year! Our tour guide, Amber did a great job taking us into the past. She really told the stories of John and Annie Bidwell as if she had been there. It was a delight! I had taken this tour years ago. I can't even remember when I did it it was so long ago. We got the school tour - the "3rd grade tour", so we were not able to go to the third floor nor to all of the rooms that you get with the other tour. But again a great tour all the same.

The one thing I enjoyed the most were the photos throughout the rooms of the rooms themselves. Bummer though they didn't have the actual dates of when the photos were taken. I love looking at old photos. It was fun imaging living at the mansion. It's a great home with so many details. It's amazing how old it really is.... I was just telling my parents that I wanted to go to the Chico Museum as I have not done that. Chico really does have a great historical past. Another fun thing I want to do - and hopefully I'll do it this year! I'd like to go the the Patrick Ranch and see the Bee threshing. Sounds like a good thing to do this summer with the kids. This will be my first summer not working in 5 years! We should pick a historical thing to do each week. I'm already looking forward to it....!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! You're getting pretty clever with the links...

And speaking of images, try this search engine. It's my favorite.

http://www.picsearch.com/search.cgi?q=Bidwell+Mansion+

Anonymous said...

Threshing Bees??? That sounds mean...I wonder what Priscilla would say?