2.25.2007

The Big 4 0

Kevin made my favorite - German Chocolate Cake!!
At La Hacienda with 15 of my friends for a "Girls Night Out"

I now have nearly 2 weeks under my belt of being 40. This was the hardest one yet. I really got into a funk....Can't explain it really - just struck me like no other. I really had a great day. Just mid way through I hit an emotional wall and fell apart. But I'm all better now! I apparently have moved on.....! And that's a good thing. Still seems weird to say 40. I'm 40. I'll have to practice that. NOT! I remember when I was in the 5th grade we had a new student - my friend Cherilyn - anyway she told us her parents were in there 20's - I don't remember now how old they were - but I do remember thinking how young they were and that my parents were so much older. When I do the math now, my parents would have only been 35 and 38. And now I realize they really weren't that much older than my friends parents - silly me. I remember trying to figure out how old you'd be in the year 2000 - I was the ancient age of 33. I wish I were 33 today! But since that's not going to happen - and I'm not much for lying - even about my age, I guess I'll have to work on embracing 40.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! Good pictures though...

Shannon said...

Don't I know about young parents! I still meet people who say to me, "No! That couldn't be your dad!" or "That's not your mom, that looks like your sister!". I guess it is like a compliment, right? :)