1.23.2007

And she's down...

Wow! I got hit with something. My head started hurting about noon on Sunday and hasn't stopped at this point. When I finally took my temperature around 5 pm last night it was 102. This was after hours of the chills, shakes and body aches. I had thought around 11 am I'd take a shower and maybe shake it - wrong! That only intensified the chills. I had on a long sleeved shirt, a fleece sweater, sweat pants and my favorite fuzzy purple socks - but to no avail. About 2 pm I climbed under the down comforter and dozed. A girlfriend had called yesterday morning and when she realized I was sick, had offered to pick up the kids for me! Thankfully. There was no way I would have been able to drive. My kids did so good after they got home. From my horizontal position in bed I instructed the no TV until your homework's done rule. And they actually did it. Usually they don't get to watch TV during the week - but I wasn't in a position to fight it yesterday. They came in a couple of times to ask questions and they were so quite it was worrying me. So I'd call for one or the other for an update. And if the TV was on - it was so low I never heard it. My kids were better than the telephone. Of course I had a handset next to me and it must have rang 8 times between 2 and 5. Ugh! One call from Louisiana really got to me. They must have called 3 times. Never leaving a message. So you know it's just a computer waiting for someone to pick up. And when I see that I'm getting a call from Louisiana - I don't pick it up. I don't know anyone in Louisiana. About 6 years ago I signed up for Privacy Manager through SBC. This was really slick. It was supposed to stop all computer dialed calls. It also prevents people calling that have a private number (which in the past was telemarketers). So if you have your number blocked, you either have to go through Privacy Manager or reveal your number. How the Privacy Manager works is if you can't reveal your number you go through an automated operator, you have to state your name and were your calling from. Then my phone rings and I can press "1" to hear who's calling, then press "2" to ignore the call or press "3" to send to my answering machine. This in the past eliminated all of those pesky telemarketers. I see now they have caught on....Bummer.

So today, I'm vertical for now. I have a 10 am doctors appt. The fever is gone. My ears are still bothering me and the nose and sinuses are full! The throat is not so bad - but the yucky dry cough is starting in. And lying in bed yesterday did nothing for my sore aching body. The good thing is I may be down - but not out!....

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Heard you were sick- brought you a sample coffee on Monday...perhaps another day.

Hope you get some good drugs!

Sheesha said...

Oh I can't believe I missed out on that....! Thanks for the thoughts! I did google "Toddy" the other day and have found a new favorite to add to my web search - www.baristapro.com - check it out!

Dandux said...

Purchase canvas or vinyl laundry carts, the quality is awesome. They have dandux extra duty trucks, shipping hampers, dandux net & bag sorting system for sorting laundry and linens, and many other high quality dandux round all-purpose baskets.