10.02.2008

Fall has Arrived


I toured the backyard yesterday picking up remnants of summer. All the patio cushions and umbrellas have been stowed for the winter. All the various balls that seem to litter the yard are now back in the basket - for how long is any ones guess. I noticed when I went out yesterday morning (before daylight) that it had rained during the night or very early morning. And now they are predicting a big storm to start off our fall/winter season. I did hear it raining again this morning too. I'm a bit happy/sad for it. While we really need the rain and snow - we have our annual Harvest Fair at school on Friday afternoon when the heaviest rain is scheduled to fall. I can't help but think of all the time and effort that goes into planning and putting on an event like that. To have it spoiled by rain would just be such a bummer.....

Anyway, while out again this morning I noticed the darn squirrels have been eating my Fuyu Persimmons already. I think I need to take up target practice. My cats seem to take care of the rat population, but they can't fly from tree to tree like those squirrels. I love watching them up in the trees trying though!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Fall festival?!? We've got a wedding on the west shore this weekend - and snow levels are dropping! I guess it could be worse, the groom is a firefighter, so I suppose he could be gone on a fire still like he was all summer... I'm thinking sunny thoughts for Saturday!

Sheesha said...

How funny - my friend Debby is cooking for her niece's wedding at Almanor West tomorrow.... Could it be the same wedding?....

Shannon said...

That's weird, because Emily said her uncle is doing the catering - hahaha... I'm sure it is the same one. It's a small world, but we already knew that, didn't we?

Sheesha said...

Yes - you are probably right! Her uncle went up yesterday to start cooking?.... My friend was going up today - They are Joel & Debby Adema....!

Shannon said...

Yes, I heard that name mentioned. It was the same wedding. You'll have to tell them I was there - I was with the best man ;)