7.25.2008

Such a Peach





(We) made this last night for dessert. It of course was delicious. We have peaches galore on our tree. I prefer to make a crisp vs. a cobbler. I think the oatmeal makes it feel more wholesome for me. So stop by if you want some peaches - nectarines are next!
edited later to include the recipe!:
Lots of Peaches to fill a 9x13 in. dish
2 cups Quick Oats
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Stick Butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Bring pot of water to a low boil, drop in peach for approximately 1 minute, drop into cold water and skin will peel right off. Repeat until you have enough peaches to fill pan. In a separate bowl, cut butter into oats, sugar, flour, salt and spices until crumbly. Spread peaches into 9x13 in dish. Sprinkle crisp topping over top and bake in 350 degree oven for approx. 35 to 40 minutes. Serve topped with Vanilla Ice Cream. Enjoy!
We didn't even get a chance to take a picture of it after it came out of the oven - too delicious! It.Must.Be.Eaten.Now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the recipe for this is? Is that poor peach sitting in a frying pan? I didn't know you had a peach tree? Or a nectarine tree? So many questions!

And are you responsible for that music I hear?

Sheesha said...

Yes I realized later that I never added the recipe - I'll have to edit my post. We do have a peach and nectarine tree! The kids picked them out a few years ago....

You like the music?....!

Anonymous said...

You know me...I'm a big fan of silent websites. Silence is golden or so they say.

Sheesha said...

Silence is such a boring thing....I have to have music in my life at all times!....

Anonymous said...

That's my E-girl!

Tricia said...

We'll totally take you up on some nectarines! They are very popular around here!

hrtyty said...

Abercrombie and Fitch is one brand that can be taken as a ridiculously high priced one. true religion jeans outlet Not everyone can afford this brand name on himself or herself and therefore, babyliss pro flat iron it targets the college students who can afford it. Onitsuka Tiger In addition, they offer accessories to make you even trendier and make you believe that they are beyond just clothing brand.