6.06.2008

Fast Food Nation



We watched this movie the other night. It was something I had recorded on the DVR. I've been doing that lately - I look ahead on the guide and record movie's we haven't seen before. I really wish I had just read the book. It looks far more interesting than the movie. The movie was just bizarre. It had so many story lines going I couldn't keep it straight (actually I could, I just didn't want to) - nor could I figure out what they all had to do with each other. And it had all these big name people in the movie with these tiny little parts. Weird I tell you. Kevin and I talked about it after and decided they were trying to say - you can't change things? Why........


And if that weren't enough there was lots of unnecessary cussing - which always makes me shake my head. Not that I'm opposed to cussing - I do plenty on my own. But in this case a 1/3 of the movie was in Spanish and you had to read the subtitles - which had foul words too. So not only were you hearing it you were reading it as well..... And now I'm curious how different the book is from the movie. I guess I'll have to hit the library!


But back to the DVR - now if that isn't a little slice of heaven than I'm done for! I just love it. I don't watch all that much TV anymore - but the TV I do watch is all done on my time schedule. And with no commercials! I had for a while been recording Law & Order: Criminal Intent because I had stopped watching TV for a bit and missed so many episodes. And now I'm all caught up and it's set to only record new episodes now. It only takes about 1/2 hour to watch a full hour show. How nice is that. Plus I can pause it when I need to. I'll have to find another show that I want to catch up on....... So I guess it's back to reality - today is the first day of summer vacation!
Edited to add another link (Thanks Dad!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cussing? You better not be!

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Food_Nation

Did you look here?

Sheesha said...

Yes the rebel in me does on occasion let one out - my choice. But never in front of my parents.....!

hrtyty said...

Women bags should not be expensive. Tods Mens Shoes Although there are some women that prefer designer bags, Moncler Sale most women look for a bag that can be convenient in carrying things as well as affordably fashionable. Women use women bags to blend in different events such as formal evening parties, formal dates, casual lunch, a bag for everyday use, Hogan Shoes Sale and school or office bag. Women have their favorite bag and women bags can definitely make all women's day fashionable and admirable.