6.08.2008

Electra

Electra Townie

Electra Cruiser Daisy



This is what I have-only dark blue and about 15 years old


Okay I have a new obsession! I really want a Townie.... What a cool bike! I think even my mom could ride this bike. She hasn't ridden a bike in many years - but I know this could be the bike for her...... Anyway back to my obsession! We went to Baskin Robbins one afternoon and this large group - what looked like two families came riding up on these bikes. Oh my gosh. Talk about cool. They each had there own theme and colors. But what struck me as cool was the ergonomic ease of the bike. The handle bars and foot peddles were so perfect for the rider. So of course I came home and researched them. And the Townie is all about flat foot technology. Which I know isn't new but they seem to have increased in popularity. Or maybe it's the marketing of other products that has gotten the bikes popular, like this commercial. Here is an article on the bike craze from the New York Observer. And yes I have a perfectly good bike - but it's a mountain bike and not designed for commuting. The handle bars make you bend over to far. You can't touch the ground when you stop. And if that weren't enough - the seat is far to small for my derriere!.....I know I can get a bigger seat. But that is simply not the point! Of course the price of gasoline has gotten me thinking about bikes these days. We got rid of our SUV when it started costing me $ 60.00 each time at the pump. And now my sedan is taking $60.00 worth at each fill up. I'm seriously considering riding our bikes to school next year. And Kevin is talking about getting the Honda 90 going again...... Personally I think he should be walking - and have felt that way for 9 years. He is so close to work. I'd be doing it if it were me...... So will we be making that 10 mile round trip commute in the future? It would be double for me. We'll see! It certainly wouldn't hurt!

5 comments:

Steven said...

http://www.industrialbicycles.com/Family_dual_chariot.htm

That's it. Problem solved. There's enough room for K & K in back it's cheaper than 3 new bikes combined... and you could pick up some pocket money working the downtown area on the weekends. Maybe enough money to put fuel in the Honda 90.

Sheesha said...

That is so funny.... Oddly enough I think Kevin for just a brief moment considered this..... I also spoke with the owner of Sports LTD today - he said bike sales are about to see a 10-20% cost increase....It's a darn conspiracy.....

Tricia said...

Love the Townie!!! Can't wait to see you riding it! Will you get a basket for the front?! Please!

Sheesha said...

I think the basket is a must!

hrtyty said...

Womens Magazine have become a source of inspiration and and entertainment for both readers and authors a like. Hogan Online Womens magazines wether printed or through online these magazines have helped or paved the way for virtual communities of women readers world wide. Discount Cole Haan Unlike books or novels, which the target audience are only portraying and giving out his/her concepts on the tale, women's magazine appears and ensures a communicative ambiance. Abercrombie and Fitch Clothing The reader and the publisher are like conversing their experiences in life and the future ahead. Maybe it is because of the life tales and current fashions that tickle the interests of both the creator and the viewer.