2.13.2008

Headlines

Kevin brought home Sunday and Mondays' paper yesterday which was a real treat for me. I'm not really sure how long it's been since we gave up the daily paper. At first it was a real struggle for me as I savored my morning routine of breakfast and reading the paper. I enjoyed reading it from cover to cover - something you really can't do via the internet. The paper comes to the office and no one reads it so Kevin had said he'd just bring it home for me. A few times I've grabbed it when down there and there have been a few times that he's brought two weeks worth home for me. Sadly, I carried it right back outside to the green recycle can. Thanks for the thought - but really old news is just that!

So today I got around to reading Sunday's paper and came across this article. And AP Writer Ted Anthony pretty much summed it up for me! This is exactly why I've not missed the paper - or the news for that matter. I have the attitude that if it's important someone let me know. The rest is just too much! Seems to me that my dad found a site for happy news - I need to find that again. I'm so sick of celebrity news, which seems to have the front run these days. Who cares!

And to completely contradict what I've just said - I have found a new TV program that is at the top of my DVR list. It's Chelsea Lately. This gal is laugh out loud funny! She has a great (dry) sense of humor - and so sarcastic! Love it! I know it's not nice to make fun of other people - but she is so right on you can't help but laugh! Yes it is celebrity news - but it's more about the celebrity tales that won't end...... And she really makes fun of the media and there overhype on everything! So if I have to endure celebrity news - I'll take it this way - Laughing out Loud!

BTW - does anyone know why Blogger spell check is no longer working?.......

2 comments:

Steven said...

So nice to see you blogging regularly! I love it!

I didn't know that Blogger even had a spell check? I use Word to create the post and then Select All to highlight the text; then I just drag my entry onto the Blogger posting form. It carries over my formatting that way. Bold stays BOLD and italics are italics. Plus, my links come over as well.

dad

hrtyty said...

Fashions are forever changing. Belstaff Jackets Hence most people would rather buy clothes that never go out of fashion. true religion outlet Luckily for us, Ed Hardy clothing is one of the few labels that never go out of fashion. babyliss Pro Designed by the famous tattoo artist, these Ed Hardy clothes are said to stand the test of time as far as fashion goes. Actually the whole thing is quite simple.