4.17.2007

A Belated Spring Post


This tree is truly a treasure in our yard! It's a Japanese Magnolia -
or sometimes called a Tulip tree - at least from what I'm told
I took these pictures the first week of March because I was so excited to have the opportunity to enjoy the blooms - and then it just got a little crazy! We had the school auction where I helped on the committee. Then Omega Nu had there big luncheon with Biba the following weekend. And then the next weekend I was out of town in Modesto for a luncheon - Omega Nu again. I came home that Saturday and started packing for our week up at the lake. I went with the kids to the cabin for there Easter Break. We had a very relaxing time - lots of walks along the beach, a little bowling and so forth. It was so peaceful and quite. There wasn't a single boat on the lake until Thursday. Kevin was able to come up on Friday - but he brought the rain with him. Which was just crazy as we'd had such wonderful weather the whole time! So now we're back once again in the thick of it. We have baseball 3 times a week and Karlee has reading 2 times a week. 'Tis the season....
I've had thoughts of posts but haven't taken the time to make them. But I did clean out the linen cupboard in the hallway, cleaned Karlee's room, cleaned out the big hall closet by the front door and cleaned up the laundry room. All very good things for me these days. I made another trip to the thrift store for a deposit today and have another bag for some friends. I guess you could say I've been hit with the Spring Cleaning bug. Though I can't say my house is any cleaner - just purging some! It seems it's always a work in progress these day - but I'm making some noticeable changes - at least for me! And that's what really matters right... I've had a mental list of things to do recently and have been disciplining myself with computer time. It just didn't seem right to spend the few hours each day that I have lurking around the blog world - when I still had my taxes to do, needing to balance my checkbook that I hadn't done since Aug - what's that like, 8 months - yikes! But they are all done as of Thursday - and we filed our taxes today! No biggie! Procrastination at it's worst I tell you! But I do see the light at the end of the tunnel! I'm going to try and upload some other photos I took earlier in the month from our yard. And I'll try to update my other blog - since I've read a few more books as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good. Glad to see you getting the kids off of the skis...I thought they might have been frozen there!