3.06.2007

Hitting the Slopes




I was so incredibly impressed with my kids this weekend. We took them to Boreal to ski. And they did so good! Something I never did as a kid. It was great. We got them up at 5 AM and left the house about 45 minutes later. They were tired but never complained. We tried getting them to nap in the car - but they wouldn't hear of it. And then we got to the hill and they skied for hours! Karlee got to take a semi-private lesson due to lack of participants, just herself and a girl two years older. And Kyle did the Kid's Park class, a large group broken down into smaller groups. I was so proud of them. They rode the chair lift by themselves and skied down the hills. It was great fun! I was talking with Karlee before her lesson and said "so what life skills should you use today Karlee?" And she said "perseverance" and I said "patience". And then I said "can you think of one other?" And she said "Pride" and I was thinking wow! It wasn't what I had expected her to say - but it made me feel really proud of her myself. And now reflecting back on it I have to say it's great that she's found something that she has confidence in doing.
So we all made it home in one piece - exhausted but good! Kyle was the only one to sleep on the way home and it was only for about 1/2 hour. Kyle and I were a bit sunburned on our faces too! As much as I'm enjoying these beautiful days I hope we get the chance to get another ski day in before all the snow goes away again.....!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's more like it! Good photos. I love seeing photos!

You're right; you never did that as a child. Just one small trip to Lassen Park when you were young...so you really didn't have a lot of opportunity.

And your parent's, well, you know how they are...cross country skiing is more their style.

Athletic Towels said...

But of course they wouldn't hear of having a nap :) I wouldn't have either if I were them!
- Winnie

Laundry Loops said...

Texon Laundry Bags for athletics They have the best service and selection of colored towels for <a href="http://www.texontowel.com>Car wash towels</a>