9.22.2007

Monster Cookies

The Dough - Kevin wouldn't stay out of it....
Karlee having a taste - she loved it....

The finished product!

The weather just seemed right for baking cookies this afternoon. I found this recipe on Bisquick.com and thought we'd try it out. Not sure it's something I'd make often as I don't always have M & M's around the house. I had bought everything to make up at the cabin last weekend and then couldn't find the recipe until we were ready to go home. And then all week I've tried to interest the kids into making cookies with me with no luck. I tried last night and then realized that I had no brown sugar.....

They were very easy to make - but we only got 16 cookies out of the recipe. Which really is enough. And fresh out of the oven they are delicious. So here's the recipe for you too.


1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening - I used 1 stick of butter
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups Original Bisquick mix
1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1 cup candy-coated chocolate candies - I used plain M & M's
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired - I used walnuts


1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients.

2. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart. Flatten to about 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of glass that has been greased and dipped into granulated sugar.

3. Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 3 minutes; carefully remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 11 to 14 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look good! Do you have any left?

Sheesha said...

Of course we do....!

Tricia said...

I have a Paula Deen recipe for monster cookies, peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips...mmmm makes a million! (she says as she watches Fat March on Tivo...)